Law Office of Mike Campbell Offering $1,000 Scholarship
Special note regarding COVID-19 and the fall semester: We understand that many colleges and universities are choosing to handle reopening campuses in fall 2020 differently after COVID-19. Some institutions may be opening for in-person classes while some may be allowing students to virtually attend classes. Others are choosing to delay the semester. We want to ensure every applicant that as long as their institution of choice is holding a fall semester (either online or in-person), they will still be eligible to receive the scholarship– even if the semester is slightly delayed.
We will be choosing the winner as scheduled. After the winner is selected, we will ask them to show digital proof that their campus of choice is still holding fall 2020 classes in some fashion. If fall’s classes are being delayed, you’ll be asked to show when classes plan to resume. If that date is within an acceptable range (the exact range is TBD, but will likely be between 2-3 months roughly), the award amount will be sent. We have made this decision to ensure help is given where and when it is needed most.
At The Law Office of Mike Campbell, we feel it’s vital to help our next generation of entrepreneurs, leaders, and professionals pave the way toward a bright future. We felt there’s no better way to help young students obtain their dreams than by offering a scholarship to new and first-year college students. Our scholarship is annual and held every fall semester. We first started it in Fall 2018 and it has been a tremendous success ever since.
We’re pleased to announce that submissions are now open for Fall 2020.
Current submission period: Fall 2020 – Applications are due by the end of the day (on or before 11:59 PM EST) on Friday, July 17th 2020.
Scholarship Guidelines and Details
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any college or graduate school in the United States.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- All applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy (PDF, JPG, or PNG) of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead—from that college. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first course load.
To apply, you’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
Imagine life 20 years from now. What do you think our greatest struggle will be, as a human race? How could we potentially lessen that struggle?
Once the application period closes, we will determine a winner based on the following factors: feasibility, originality, creativity, and the applicant’s level of knowledge in the topic as well as their ability to write a well-crafted essay.
By submitting your essay to us, you agree that it may be featured on our blog. We will publish the winning essay.
To submit your application and essay, email us the completed essay, a digital copy showing proof of your first-year status, and some brief information about yourself to email@example.com.
In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your planned school. Feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part doesn’t need to be very long or detailed.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used.
The subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2020 Scholarship” (Example: Darth Vader Fall 2020 Scholarship”)
Other rules to note:
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending!
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, all applications are due by Friday, July 17th 2020. We look forward to reading your applications!
List of Past Winners: